Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas

  I love this time of year! The christmas tree is up and the house is decorated.  The little ones had so much fun putting baubles on the tree - non breakable ones of course. Jess does the glass ones whilst the kids have their rest after lunch. Although this year, she was at uni so it was left to me.

  I haven't looked properly at our decorations for the last few christmas'. They bring back memories of where we got each one...the christmas shop in Mittagong, or the little  shop we found in Launceston. It seems where ever we go we find these little shops, chock full of christmas wonders, and now with the internet the world is my oyster........

  With the big day only a few days away, I have last minute sewing to do for stocking stuffers. We are giving the school aged children pencils and textas in their stocking this year, so I thought that I would make pencil cases toy go with them. Just simple rectangular bags, quilted with button closures. The boys also want "super capes" to play super heros in the backyard, so I will be doing them tonight.

  My christmas cooking is almost finished, I think I have made a least 10 doz. fruit mince tarts! Andrew does love them. The pudding is ready to be steamed tomorrow, and the turkey and ham should be delivered on thursday.

  Christmas can seem like a lot of work, but when I think about the childrens faces as they watch Andrew and I do a nativity play with puppets on christmas eve, or see their eyes sparkle as they watch the christmas lights display at our local park, it is all worth it.

  Merry Christmas from my family to yours,

  God Bless,

  Jenny
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment