Friday 18 November 2011

Growing Up

It seems like just yesterday I was looking into the eyes of my newborn baby daughter with her shock of fuzzy brown hair. Now, as she prepares to try her wings out, flying from home into the wide world, I find that my own outlook on life has changed.

  I remember being that teenager, looking forward to university days and what lay beyond. Now (many years later!), I am the mum, looking at life from an older point of view. Still excited about what adventures lay ahead, but also realising how quickly the last years have gone by, and how precious the time is!

  I realise that I need to make the most of every moment with my other little ones, because soon they too will be trying out their wings and flying from the nest.

So I am going to enjoy the potty training, learning to walk, the  getting into mischief part of life. I am going to enjoy teaching my little ones to read and write, teach them their mathematics and all about God, because I know that these days will all too soon be gone and one day be just precious memories.

  Enjoy your children at whatever stage they are at.

  God Bless,

  Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment